Re: The Film Developing Cookbook (esp re: PMK)

Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 10:55:21 -0500

Bill,

Apparantly Steve chose not to use the material I sent him about the
Harald Leban/B&S "Rollo" modification to PMK. This slightly more
complicated formula works perfectly in the Jobo. A liter of solution
handles 5 8x10's with ease, in a single bath with a time of 6-8 minutes
depending on which film you are using. Fog is very low, stain is
excellent, consistency is great.

Since I'm currently working mainly in larger-than-8x10 formats I'm
mainly using regular PMK in trays, but if you've got a Jobo and are
working in formats up to 8x10, "rollo" in an Expert drum is
unquestionably the way to go, I wouldn't dream of using standard PMK in
a Jobo instead of rollo.

---Carl