Re: Agfa Scala/Kodak T-Max Reversal

Smieglitz@aol.com
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 11:03:12 -0500 (EST)

<<in 35mm...T-Max 100 ...and Agfa Scala...Are there any other film/processing
combinations
to make film positives that I sould consider? ...
Marty>>

Polaroid makes a 35mm b/w instant slide film (Polapan 35 CT or something like
that) which is also very nice although expensive. It needs a special
processing device (I found a manual one used for $30) but you can get high-
quality monochrome slides in a minute or two. The local camera shop also has
a processor which they allow customers to use. Your supplier might have one
as well.

Polaroid also has a line of color instant slide films (Polachrome), but the
additive screen is distracting IMO. Still, some have used this film to great
advantage. I recall seeing some pinhole imagery on Polachrome in a magazine
~15 years ago. The muted colors and screen/grain worked well with that
particular technique.

Joe