Re: Agfa Scala/Kodak T-Max Reversal

DFStein@aol.com
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 11:32:18 -0500 (EST)

Have only used a couple rolls of Scala; haven't looked as rich projected as on
the light table. I think the problem for use as an internegative is this: it
would be hard to get the full and soft "negative" but gives the most
versatility as an intermediary in making an enlarged negative. You would want
to bracket quite a bit and might still not get there. The same problem occurs
with 35mm slides, which I have used quite a bit to make enlarged negs. You
can get valid graphic effects but not necessarily full scale, rich positives,
at least in my hands.

I think a better solution is to shoot on regular 35mm, make a copy neg in any
of the fine bellows/macro units available, which will allow cropping and
contrast adjustments, then use that "positive" to make an enlarged negative.

Sincerely,
David Stein