re-photographing negatives

joel lederer (lederer@netvision.net.il)
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 22:55:28 +0200

Hi,
    Has anyone tried "taking a picture" of a small negative on a light
table with a large format camera. I realize that a very long bellows
stretch would be necessary but I think that about 20 inches extension on
a 4x5 would be okay for a 6x6 cm neg and maybe 35mm.
    I'd try it myself but I don't have access to a darkroom now (long
story) and am only able to obtain t-max sheet film here.
    Any recommendations for lens type,film and dev. combo?
    Perhaps this is somehow un realistic as it seems too easy ( and
believe me, I know about that one -e.g. k chlorate %sol and micro-
pipettes)

All the best
Joel Lederer- Tel Aviv