List Minders

Gordon J. Holtslander (holtsg@duke.usask.ca)
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:02:27 -0600 (CST)

Hello:

I reviewed all the nominations for list minders. From the nominations, I
selected a group of people whom I believe have the respect of the list
membership. The following people have agreed to act as list minders:

Adam Kimball, Art Chakalis, Bob Schramm, Sandy King, Dave Soemarko, and
myself Gord Holtslander.

One other person has agreed to help, but is out of computer range for the
short term.

The list minders have agreed to help me insure that the list operates
effectively. We are going to look out for inappropriate postings sent to
the list. We will be looking out for messages that are disrespectful to
the list and its members, and messages that are not related to alternative
printing processes.

As I have emphasized before this list relies upon the mutual trust and
respect of all its participants. The list minders will insure that this
respectful atmosphere is maintained.

The membership of this list has grown to over 500 people. The volume of
email this generates is becoming unmanagable for many people. Many
messages are not alt-photo related, or meander off topic. It is time for
the list to become more focussed.

We will ask that people interested in discussing these off-topic subjects
further, use an alternative method such as one of the rec.photo usenet
groups, another mailing list, a web page bulletin board, or private email.
Its up to the individual to choose which method or forum they wish to
use.

A usenet group such as rec.photo.technique.art or rec.photo.technique.misc
would be good candidates.

I thank all you in advance for your cooperation.

Gord Holtslander
List Manager

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
Tel (306) 966-4433 University of Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
                                Canda
                                S7N 5E2