Re: One Pass Negative Cleaner reports??

Larry Watson (larry@oreilly.com)
Tue, 02 Mar 1999 11:04:45 -0800

I saw this brayer being advertised on a late night cable program,
like one of those old vegi-matic commercials. "Removes cat hair from
your clothes in one easy step", etc. It --seemed-- to be identical to the
one that
The-F-Stops_Here advertises, only a fraction of the price. I'm kicking myself
for having not written down the 800 number. I don't have regular TV access
so I have not seen it since. It may be that these things are available for a
non-photographic market for a lot less than the photo version.

Also, I wanted to ask if any one has had experience with the Zone VI
Anti-Static
brush. It's listed in the Claumet catalog for $340, which seems a tad steep.
Has any one actually used one of these things.

What is a "static master" that Judy recommends. Is that one of those little
bushes
with the chip of plutonium or whatever underneath.

>I recently saw an add on The-F-Stops-Here web page for a negative cleaner
>system that looks like a sticky brayer roller which one rolls over a neg to
>clean it. Has anyone used one of these? Real-life stories please, not just
>conjectures, would be appreciated.
>
>It looks like it would be great if it worked and mucho handy for us
>altphoto (and regphoto) folks.

___________________________________
Larry Watson
larry@oreilly.com