Re: Calibrating my Epson 700

FotoDave@aol.com
Wed, 03 Mar 1999 10:58:16 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,

I received an email concerning this thread. I agree with the points mentioned
in the mail and would like to clarify a few things (to all, not only to him)
here:

He says that "you guys" are "censoring yourself," and that basically stops any
future discussion which would be quite related to alt. photo process because
preparing digital negatives for alt. process is certainly related to alt.
process.

I agree that I have censored *myself.* The main reason is because I had
received complains, yet I felt it was hard to completely separate the
theoretical part from the practical parts at times, and since each person is
different in considering what is "too" theoretical, I thought it would be
better if *I* went off list.

But that is not the main thing that I want to explain because in a sense I can
decide for myself what to post or not to post. The thing that I want to
explain is that when I decided to post offlist, I was not acting as a list
minder and suggested, neither had the list minders discussed, decided, and
declared, that this particular thread is off-topic. It was just *me* who
refrained myself from posting things which might be considered too theoretical
to the list.

I apologize if my earlier post gave the impression that the thread had been
considered off topic and should not be continued.

!!!!!!!!!! So for anyone and everyone, if you want to share your knowledge,
experience or even questions about using printers to priepare enlarged
negatives, please feel free to do so!!!!!!!!!!

"Now, when a thread comes along that has some relevance and interest to me, it
is immediately censored. I think many others have an interest in this
discussion as well."

I fully agree. Again I apologize for giving the impression of censoring. I
(we) did not and did not try to censor the thread. I censor *myself* because I
have to, especially after becoming a list minder, listen to others' complain
and take that into consideration. :)

One last thing, I guess I should add that unless clearly indicated by context,
or unless it is explicitly mentioned, when I post, it is just my personal
opinion as a member of the list instead of as a list minder. I think that
under normal situation and if everyone co-operates, you probably won't see
much formal posts from list minders at all. :)

Sincerely,

Dave S
just a member and a learner in alt. process