David Fokos Ad

Darryl Baird (dbaird@flint.umich.edu)
Wed, 03 Mar 1999 08:59:49 -0500

I don't know if David still hangs out here, but I wanted to comment on
the ad his gallery is running in the current (March) ARTnews Magazine.
It's near the front and a real knockout.

I remember David's work as having a surreal quality, but this featured
image is a new high. I'm going to use the ad as an example of the
effects of "flatness" to my photo survey class.

I wondered if the surrounding black on the page is partly responsible
for this wonderfully eerie optical affect.

later

Darryl