Gelatin/Thymol, was Re: Emulsion formulas

Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Wed, 03 Mar 1999 15:46:16 -0500

I missed this message the first time around. At this moment I don't
remember the acutal strength of the Thymol solutions I experimented with,
but I think it was 2.5ml, 5.0ml, 7.5ml and 10ml of a 15% thymol in alcohol
solution per liter of gelatin. The test were started last November some
time. The 7.5ml and 10ml strength solutions are still in good shape but the
two weaker solutions have gone bad. And they began to go bad as described
below, with a gradual build up of water on the top as the gelatin breaks
down.

Sandy