Re: truth in scanning

Kevin O'Brien (kob@paradise.net.nz)
Fri, 05 Mar 1999 21:24:08 +1300

Judy,
The reason is simply that you scanned at one resolution, 300 dpi, and
printed at another, say 200 dpi which case your pic would be 1½ larger.
Most advanced graphics software has some feature for changing the output
resolution. Once you have got the sizing you want, it should stay constant.
Some file types keep the info about resolution and there could be subtle
difference between programs as how they interpret a file. If precision is
required for registration I would expect repeatability using the same
program.

Kevin O'Brien

-From: Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com>