APIS 2000 Congratulation

Martin Becka (Martin.Becka@wanadoo.fr)
Fri, 05 Mar 1999 12:05:07 +0100

On Mon, 01 Mar 1999 Karl-Heinz Klang wrote

> APIS 2000:
>
> In a session of the executives of the German society "Gesellschaft für
>photographische >Edeldruckverfahren e.V.", we have decided not to
>organize APIS 2000.

I sended to the list on April 7, 1998 proposition to organize APIS 2000 in
Paris. Since the middle of February 1998 we worked on the Paris Apis 2000
project. We have contacted cultural institutions, the organizing commitee
of year 2000, had supports from the SFP and some contacts with sponsors
interested to organize this photographic event in Paris in 2000.

Noisily You reclamed to organise APIS in Cologne and said that You first
mentioned this project on this list. We agree and says "We are all
gentlemen , Take it for the year 2000." But in this moment we lose all
possibility of the supporting benefit of the "Mois de la Photo 2000 a
Paris" (Month of Photography in Paris) or of the "Mois Off 2000 de Paris
for APIS and throw down our work and contacts with some sponsors.

On n07 Apr 1998 Klaus Pollmeier wrote
"So, again, lets get in touch and see how we can coordinate for APIS
2000."

I see and send you Congratulation.

>We hope that there is enough time left for others to organize this symposium.

For us it's to late to organize something for 2000 in Paris. We are working
now for 2001, I will give information about this project in Santa Fe.

best

Martin

Martin.Becka@wanadoo.fr
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/martin.becka/