Re: Reversal Neg. contrast control

Joao Ribeiro (jribeiro@greco.com.br)
Sat, 06 Mar 1999 02:07:53 -0300

Hi Cor,

> ..one more good reason to use a JOBO (if you have one ofcourse), the whole
> proces upto the second "exposure" can be done in a JOBO paperdrum very
> convenient..Liam is also particulairly cautious with safe-light exposuer
> in his article..

Well, I don't have a JOBO (I wish I did) but I cut some 100 mm diam. PVC pipes
and I am doing the process BTZ stile.
Since the pipes are white PVC I am developing with my safety light on and the 2nd
exposure where made with the film inside the tube (I didn't want to risk a
scratch)
Something weird happened, when I drained the last washing water, part of the film
slipped out. I exposed the film this way and then pushed the film inside again
and went to developer #2.
At the end of the process I noticed that the part of the film that where outside
the tube had a different color from the rest and a little less density.
Could that part had been reverted due to the extra exposure it might had taken?
Can I exaggerate the exposure so it goes far beyond the shoulder of the curve?
I think next time I'll expose the film in a flat tray just in case!

Joao