Re: I still have a unanswered question

Liam Lawless (lawless@vignette.freeserve.co.uk)
Mon, 08 Mar 1999 03:22:35 +0000

Hi Garimo,

Sorry, you asked this question a day or two ago, but I forgot to answer. I
haven't actually tried amm. dichromate in place of pot. dichromate for the
bleach. If you want to try it without wasting too much, make a litre of
working strength solution with 5g amm. dichromate and 5ml conc. sulphuric.
Perhaps it will be a bit slower or a bit faster and its capacity might be
different, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

The only information I can find is an old book which says that amm.
dichromate is very similar to pot. dichromate, which it may replace for
sensitising gelatin.

Liam