Re: ZIATYPE AND SUNLITE

Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:25:49 -0700

If you are running 70% RH there is probably no need for a Mylar dam. The
idea of the dam has only been tested empirically. In theory and practice it
seems to work.

The thing that surprises me is how damn hot everything can get and have the
paper still hold moisture. I've had a print frame so hot from being in the
sun that you could hardly hold it. I've open it to inspect and then gone on
to add more exposure to the print. Very counter-intuitive -- you'd think
that all the moisture would have gone the minute the frame was opening.

I am sure Carl will jump in with some more observations. He has done a
considerable amount of sun printing of Ziatypes.

--Dick

At 11:22 AM 3/12/99 -0800, you wrote:
>In the NEW PLATINUM PRINT they discuss the use of a greenhouse when
>using sunlight. My question is, do you need the mylar backing to keep
>the needed moisture for the Ziatype if the greenhouse has a humidity
>factor of 70%? Since I live in Bakersfield which has very low humidity
>and have a greenhouse I thought this would be my answer for sunlight
>printing of the Ziatype.
>
>David

505-474-0890 FAX 505-474-2857
<http://www.bostick-sullivan.com>http://www.bostick-sullivan.com