Re: ZIATYPE AND SUNLITE

Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 15:24:05 -0500

David,

With an RH of 70% you won't need a plastic backing for the print. In
fact, you may want to store your paper elsewhere and bring it into the
greenhouse just a few minutes before printing. Certain very nice papers
like Platinotype don't want to be stored at that high a humidity.
Others, like Arches Platine, will do great that way.

In any case, I would be just delighted to hear whether my "greenhouse
theory" which was just sort of a speculation I had while drafting that
chapter of TNPP, really works well. I didn't have an actual greenhouse
to experiment with, but I raise the humidity of my darkroom to nearly
that level before printing with a UV source. Please let me know it
goes.---Carl