Re: Crane's paper for Pt/Pd (fwd)

Andy Darlow (andy@andydarlow.com)
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:09:11 +0000

Hi Kerik and Jewelia:

Thank you very much for your kind words and I will happily share my
experiences with other papers as I experiment over time. I will add that
another paper I recently had success with with VanDyke is Arches 140lb hot
press. I like the way the image sits on the paper and I find the slight
warmth to be very attractive.

I wonder how Pt/Pd might print on Arches 140lb hot press....

-Andy Darlow

>And guess what?! He's right! I've been using Rising Stonehenge as one of my
>papers for Pt/Pd for the last year or so. It does deliver a warmer image
>color than Cranes and it clears very readily. Another benefit is that it's
>more economically priced than papers with a similar character, such as
>Platine. About 1/3 the cost, if memory serves.
>
>Kerik.
>http://www.jps.net/kerik/

i find your hypotheses as interesting as your facts, particularly since i
recognize that what one person thinks doesn't necessarily hold true for
another--in alternative process, art, and life. so i appreciate your
comments and see no way that your sharing your ideas can possibly harm me or
my work. But then i'm a confident artist i suppose. Darn, Andy--you get me
thinking...seems like an idea...

Thanks once again Andy for spurring creative alternative processing thoughts
in my poor little head...do you have any more paper ideas...maybe i can find
the time to try out a few myself. I was thinking about those washi balloons
myself...have to get back to you with my hypotheticals when i imagine them.
thank you ever so much

my very warmest regards

jewelia Margueritta Cameroon