Re: homemade Jobo sheet film drums??

Cor Breukel (cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl)
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 11:17:01 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, William Laven wrote:

> I'm wondering whether anyone has tried a homemade version of Jobo's
> expensive system, some kind of insert which would slip into a regular print
> drum and allow problem-free film processing.

> Any successes, failures, guesses, etc.

I am succesfully using a JOBO printdrum 2850 (for a JOBO CPE, CPA or CPP)
with four plastic inserts "Formatholder" (4206) for processing 4 4*5 inch
negatives in a total volume of 300 ml developer. The agitation in this
set-up is considerable (still hesitating to use Pyro), but works quite
well. The plastic inserts have a kind of small hill's and valleys, so the
solutions reach the back with ease. Care should be taken to move the
adjustable inserts tight enough. Not to tight, so you cannot slide the
lowest negative through the highest insert to the lower insert. And not
too loose, else the negatives can slide when the drum is lifted in
vertical position..

Hope this is of some help (saved me quite some money, else I had to buy
an expensive spiral for 4*5 inch, the colourdrum is also
perfect for 8*10 inch lith film processing)

 Cor Breukel

http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/cor.html
"The Infrared Gallery"
http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/ir-gallery.html