Re: Argyrotype chemistry

Philippe Monnoyer (Philippe.Monnoyer@ulg.ac.be)
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 15:27:22 +0100

At 11:09 17/03/99 +0100, you wrote:

>on making SilverNitrate: I would strongly suggest re-reading a message on
>this posted by Dick Sullivian, I think about a week ago ( I unfortunately
>deleted it), But it sure scared me, it said something like "DO NOT DO
>THIS!"

As I said, one has to make it under vac. exhaust. But why not to make it if
you don't have it directly available? It's so simple.
I would rather worry about dichromates which contain chromium at the sixth
oxydation level, which is carcinogenic.
Let's make things with suited precautions, but make it.

Philippe