Re[2]: writing descriptions

Brigitte Harper (brigitte.harper@glencore.co.uk)
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 15:46:15 +0000

Garimo,

I would like to 'float' some images within the cutout area of the mat as well but don't quite know what kind of adhesive to use . Could you give me a pointer pls.

Thanks, Brigitte Harper

Subject: Re: writing descriptions
Author: MIME:omirag@cruzio.com at LDNINTERNET
Date: 17/03/1999 03:47

>If I read correctly we've had two versions at least of "image size," and >whichever you choose the reader might still not know (or they might "know" >wrong).

I figured since the two responses were drastically different... there would be little chance of consensus, so of the two responses I chose a little of both and all of neither. I chose as measurement description..."image size including brush stroke border is..." which is pretty much what you suggest. I included the brush stroke edge because I really like seeing the rawness of the shapes and seldom cover it. I also like seeing the ripped edges of the paper and often "float" the paper within the mat so there is a gap between the mat and the ripped paper edge. But as for calling it all "folderol"... I don't think I'd go quite so far! ;-)
thanks, Garimo