Hinging prints was writing desc.

Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 09:49:35 -0700

I assume you mean a hinged print.

Methyl cellulose is the recommended glue. It can be bought at good art
stores. Make hinges out of thin paper. Japan Rice paper is good. Make the
hinges out of a paper that is weaker than the paper the print is on, thus
if anything tears, it will be the hinge and not the print.

--Dick

At 03:46 PM 3/17/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Garimo,
>
>I would like to 'float' some images within the cutout area of the mat as
>well but don't quite know what kind of adhesive to use . Could you give me
>a pointer pls.
>
>Thanks, Brigitte Harper

>_________________________________
>Subject: Re: writing descriptions
>Author: MIME:omirag@cruzio.com at LDNINTERNET
>Date: 17/03/1999 03:47
>

>>If I read correctly we've had two versions at least of "image size,"
>>and >whichever you choose the reader might still not know (or they might
>>"know" >wrong).
>
>I figured since the two responses were drastically different... there
>would be little chance of consensus, so of the two responses I chose a
>little of both and all of neither. I chose as measurement
>description..."image size including brush stroke border is..." which is
>pretty much what you suggest. I included the brush stroke edge because I
>really like seeing the rawness of the shapes and seldom cover it. I also
>like seeing the ripped edges of the paper and often "float" the paper
>within the mat so there is a gap between the mat and the ripped paper
>edge. But as for calling it all "folderol"... I don't think I'd go quite
>so far! ;-)
>thanks, Garimo

505-474-0890 FAX 505-474-2857
<http://www.bostick-sullivan.com>http://www.bostick-sullivan.com