Re: Ultrastable and Carbon

Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 08:49:39 -0700

We are an agent for Ultrastable and can sell the material. It is not
exactly the same as carbon tissue though the results are similar, well
almost identical. It's a new polymer material and does not require all the
messing about that carbon requires. I think it is a close relative of the
Photopolymergravure stuff. Ultrastable only makes the material for color
work though you can by multi printing get the various monochrome browns,
blacks, blues or whatever. I have discussed with Berger the possibility of
making monochrome colors for one shot printing ala carbon. There is that
possibility, but because of the way modern businesses work, there probably
isn't much tolerance for taking several years to build a market. Anyone see
any fast market for monochrome Ultrastable?

I am off to Stuart Melvin's for a lesson in big neg making via Litho film
and PMK. Stuart says the new Litho stuff from Freestyle is excellent.

More later.

--Dick

At 08:38 AM 3/18/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Dear Stefan
>Charles Berger of Santa Cruz,CA supplies carbon tissue.
>I believe you can purcase directly from Bostick and Sullivan Inc.(tel:505
>474 0890 ) It is called Ultrastable. I believe Charles runs private
>workshops on use of the material.
>Best Wishes
>Amanda Lane
>--
>

>----------
>>From: User659199@aol.com
>>To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
>>Subject: Re: mylar & jobos AND OLD WAYS
>>Date: Wed, Mar 17, 1999, 2:42 pm
>>

>> Hi folks
>>
>> Today I am back on this list my first time since 3 years.
>> Good to see that there are still alot of well known names :-))
>>
>> Does anyone know if there is a supplier for high quality monochrome or C/Y/M
>> carbon tissue or film (for use with traditional permanent process)?
>>
>> When I left alt-photo-process three years ago there wasn't - as Hanfstaengel
>> has stopped production in the 80's.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>> Stefan Stecher

505-474-0890 FAX 505-474-2857