Kallitype image invertion

Jacques Augustowski (jacquesa@acd.ufrj.br)
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 03:16:12 -0300 (GRNLNDST)

Hi,
Today one of my students was printing a Kallitype and developing in
Rochelle salts. The image turned negative when immersed in the developer.
I thought it could be a shift in polarization. When taken out of the
developer the image was still negative. Putting it in the EDTA clearing
bath didn't revert the situation. Only after fixing the image became
positive. The safe light was a 15W tungsten bulb about three feet from de
developer tray. Looking in my X-Files, I found no info.
Jacques