reversal processing

Ken Sinclair (photo1@telusplanet.net)
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 09:46:18 -0600

Hi folks,
Rather than embarass myself by posting this "thought" to the list
yesterday, I sent a message to one "source" who was not "aware" of the
actual product.

So, to almost "repeat"....

I was clearing out a box of 'old' stuff yesterday and came across some
rather complicated multi-overlay camera ready artwork, negatives and plates
for a brochure that I had designed and prepared many moons ago ('way before
the days of desktop publishing). Part of the artwork required a "reversal"
and I had used Kodak's LPD4.

LPD4/7 is a graphic arts high contrast (lith-like) 4 and 7 mil estar
reversal film that provides an "automatic" positive on development in lith
developer (probably by solarisation)

During some post cleaning-out "bubble thinks".... it suddenly occurred to
me that there has been some discussion (on the list) of reversal
processing of enlarged lith negatives... (and this is where the question
really begins)...

Since lith film can be processed in diluted developers and be reversal
processed to produce a negative from smaller in-camera negatives, has
anyone given any thought to the possibility of using LPD in a diluted, or
pyro developer, to produce a direct negative to negative enlargement? It
would certainly be cheaper than using the direct duplicating film and less
work than the "double" negative process.

Ken

[||/\/\/\/\/\/\|| Ken Sinclair RBP,FBPA
[|| ||-| Applied Photographic Services
[|| || | Lethbridge,