Re: Kallitype

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 15:34:25 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 20 Mar 1999, Joe Portale wrote:

> Judy, yes you can use selenium on kallitypes. Use VERY dilute solution. It
> has been about ten years since my last kallitype, but I remember using
> something like 1/8 teaspoon of selenium to a quart of water. If memory serves.

What leaps to mind with that, Joe, is how do you know it's having an
effect? Is there some test (besides time)? In silver gelatin I'd try
bleaching, if the selenium is toning, it doesn't bleach back with a plain
k fe bleach, or does so more slowly. With "kallitype" (& I put that in
quotes, because what some folks use is what we call VDB, about which more
shortly), what do you think? Is there perhaps a color change? I suppose
you could try a bleach, and/or...... ???

Judy