Re: sunlite

SCHRAMMR@WLSVAX.WVNET.EDU
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 19:35:34 -0500 (EST)

David,

Sorry to be so late to answer, but I have been in Italy. Both ordinary glass
and plastic will absorb UV light. Usually the shorter wavelength are absorbed
more. Some plastics do suvch a good job they are used as UV absorbers.

The only way to find out, short of buying an expensive UV light meter is to run
some tests. My guess is that you will find that you can print OK but the
exposures will be longer.

Remember that because of the atmosphere effect, the Sun produces the most
UV light between 10AM and 2 PM. Also there is an effect having to do with
the season of the year.

Sunlight is an excellant source but it is varable.

Bob Schramm