Re: Kallitype image invertion/oops!

Jacques Augustowski (jacquesa@acd.ufrj.br)
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 22:09:56 -0300 (GRNLNDST)

Hi Judy,
I don't use the Vandyke brown. The developer used is with Rochelle
salts. My experience with little silver nitrate is a solarized image.
Using less coating solution also gives a solarized image. The difference
between a 10% and a 30% silver nitrate solution in Dmax is negligible.
I haven't tried a higher concentration. Tuesday I will try with a 50%
concentration. It "solarized" in the developer and reversed in the fixer.
Thats why I can't call it a solarization but an image reversal in the
developer. I still think the drying methods/sizing does have an influence
in this reversal, although I have made no tests. As for the acetate
developer I prefer the tonality of the Rochelle salts, but will try it to
see if the reversal occurs.

Jacques