Re: virus help

Luis Nadeau (nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca)
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 13:58:46 -0400

At 11:13 AM -0600 99/3/29, Gordon J. Holtslander wrote:
>Hi:
>
>Just in case any one needs it, this is a site with guidance on what to do
>if you have the melissa virus on your computer.
>
>http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/story/story_3234.html
>
>May I repeat Plese delete Alan Bradford's email message entitled
>"Important Message From Alan Bradford"
>
>It has an attatchment containing the melissa virus, executing this
>attatchment may infect your computer with the virus.

That is what you get when YOU WELCOME attachments on mailing lists. Luckily
for me, I use Macs but right now Alan Bradford's
(alan.bradford@eur.autodesk.com) damn attachment is stuck on my ISP's
mailserv and I can't remove it. The only way I can download my mail is by
filtering everything above 50k in size, which means I can't get anything
(legitimate) larger than 50k. I'll have to call my ISP and ask them AGAIN
to manually remove the offending message off the mailserv. They just love
that...

PhotoGen and other lists have BOZO (I'd call them SUB-MORON) filters that
prevent attachments from being circulated through mailing lists. Can't you
install something similar?

I suppose one way for me to avoid this would be to unsubscribe and simply
read the archives from time to time.

Luis Nadeau
NADEAUL@NBNET.NB.CA
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada