Re: Daguerreotype

Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Mon, 05 Apr 1999 16:22:42 -0600

For those interested in Daguerrotypes I thought I would mention that one of the presenters at APIS 99 in Santa Fe will be Bob Shlaer. Bob has been working in Daguerrotype for close to 20 years (Maybe more) and is one of the foremost modern workers. Since the College of Santa Fe is shy about us boiling mercury in the auditorium, it will be a talk only session. I believe his wife Susan Barger, who is also an expert in Daguerrotype will be on hand to answer questions as well. Susan is a Professor of Chemistry and is the co-author of:

The Daguerreotype : Nineteenth Century Technology and Modern Science
by M. Susan Barger, William B. White

For more on APIS (Alternative Photography International Synmposium) in Santa Fe in July check out our web site at www.bostick-sullivan.com

--Dick Sullivan

505-474-0890 FAX 505-474-2857