Re: pyro question

Cor Breukel (cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl)
Tue, 06 Apr 1999 17:04:54 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Richard Sullivan wrote:

> Ok, has anyone tried selenium toning a pyro developed neg???? Just
> curious if that would push the contrast another notch.

..in my quest to get my weak negatives "denser' I also tried selenium
toning (Kodak), reported to give a half to one stop density increase, my
limited experiments on this showed no effects after selenium toning. I do
have a report about density increase by using a sepia toner, but I did not
try that, I did try mercury int..oh I should not elaborate on
that...;-)..(btw I work in a lab....). On the pyro negs: in my answer to
Jack I quote a post which claims that you can go through repeated cycles
of bleach/pyro developing for density increase, but I did not try that
myself

Cor Breukel

http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/cor.html
"The Infrared Gallery"