Re: pyro question

Harald Leban (HLEBANPHOT@compuserve.com)
Tue, 06 Apr 1999 15:00:23 -0400

Nachricht geschrieben von INTERNET:alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
>And your question brings up the point, can anyone speak from experience
about how the pyro stain interacts with some of the other alternate
processes of interest here? Does the negative that prints ok in either
silver or Pt because of the pyro development also print in cyanotype
(which with a traditional simple silver negative needs a gamma
intermediate between those two) or Van Dyk Brown? ---Carl
<

Carl and others,

when I prepared the ABC+ formula first time I primary did it to get a
higher density range in TRAY DEVELOPING and from that time I have some
8x10" negs which print superb in Pt/Pd without chlorate or dichromate and
are also printable on VC fibre paper with grade 1-2 filter (Forte
Polywarmtone paper in Agfa Neutol WA) - some time after that I explored the
possibility for rotation, too.

But these negatives are also very useful for carbon printing - for a small
private project I run some tests on Hanfstaengl paper and I got perfect
results. ( The negs from the rotation developing seem to have not this
optimum density range for carbon....)

Some time ago Gordon Chapple contacted me in this case (Pyro-Carbon) and
maybe he has some results now.

Greetings and

Peace for the world

Harald