Re: Daguerreotype: I was wrong

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Wed, 07 Apr 1999 21:27:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, John Deluca wrote:

> Oh come on Judy, it can't be any worse then standing behind a city bus.
> Actually, virtually no mercury escapes into the environment. The vessel
> is air tight, as is the fuming chamber. The box is only opened to
> inspect the plate. But if you want I'll have Mark call you so that you
> can hold your breath while he works. Mark is planning to show his work
> in the near future. I'll post it as soon as I get the details.

John, you're closer to it than I am, and younger, too -- so there's more
time for the mercury to seep into your brain... However if "virtually"
nothing escapes into the environment, hard to see why you use exhaust. On
the other hand, there might be some kind of filtering material to apply
therein.

Anyway, I assume it's safe to look at the finished dag,... which I look
forward to...

Judy