RE: 6.5 X 8.5 Negative Storage

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Wed, 07 Apr 1999 22:30:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Hal Faulkner wrote:

> Sandy,
>
> Conservation Resources will likely have what you want, ready made in a
> variety of materials. I can't put my hands on their catalog at the moment
> but I think they are listed in the resources of a well known journal that is
> devoted to hand made photography....
>
> Hal

Actually I happen to have that publication, which shall be nameless not
shameless, right at hand -- here are a couple of suggestions..

In the article on handling sheetfilm I mention the "adjustable book
jacket covers" in 2 ml polyester from Gaylord. These are white paper
backing with a clear cover sheet on the long side, come quite large and
easily cut to shape... VERY economical. (page 35, P-F).

Gaylord is www.gaylord.com. Also has free preservation help line
800/428-3631.

Conservation Resources is 800/634-6932.

Another thing I do in cases like this is just fold permalife paper, comes
in 8-12 x 11 or much larger, by the ream is cheap & archival. It's opaque,
but I write name/number on it -- and no static electricity.

cheers,

Judy