Re: shooting was: 8 X 10 camera

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:33 +0100 (BST)

> When I was recently in my local bookstore in the photography section,
> I was noticing that many of the books with "nude" in the title where
> infact not all women,

In some of the bookshops in London there are more books on male nudes,
mainly aimed at a gay male market than on female nudes. I think this says
more about publishers than London. Of course it is yet another example of
photography following 'art'.

Personally I used to have two reasons for preferring female life models.
The second was that women are easier to draw!

However I don't see much connection with alt-photo.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows and elsewhere:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ds8s
Family Pictures, German Indications, London demonstrations &
The Buildings of London etc: http://www.spelthorne.ac.uk/pm/