Re: First Platnium/Palladium Print

William Laven (wmlaven@platinotype.com)
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 12:01:38 -0700 (PDT)

>Just noticed, Bill, you say you've got FP4 ready to go. This film also
>readily gives enough contrast for Pt, but needs a ton of exposure to
>give adequate shadow detail. In my tests I needed to rate it no higher
>than ei 32 to get adequate shadow separation, and found that exact
>development time needed to be matched to subject value ranges (Zone
>system or equivalent) because of a rather hair-trigger reaction to
>development changes. It will work, but TXT is a lot easier to use. FP4+
>becomes *much* more tractible with PMK pyro development, btw.---Carl

How do you rate it with PMK? I've also found it likes alot of exposure, but
haven't done any densitometric testing, just tried some printing and went
yuck!
Of course, I'm right handed and you might be left so with FP$'s (I meant to
type FP4, but with film prices as they are, this works) "trigger response,"
who knows...

                           WILLIAM LAVEN PHOTOGRAPHY

   Workshops and tutorials in Platinum/Palladium printing and Zone System.

   1931 23rd Street, San Francisco, CA, 94107
   415-647-9432 (voice) 415-647-9438 (fax)
   wmlaven@platinotype.com
   http://www.platinotype.com