Re: First Platnium/Palladium Print

William Laven (wmlaven@platinotype.com)
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 12:06:46 -0700 (PDT)

>As far as the instructor goes. If you don't like their work, be
>skeptical of anything they say; if you admire their work, do exactly and
>precisely as they say.

I disagree. Likes and dislikes are just the source of minor little
squabbles and have nothing to do with an instructor's ability to teach a
technical process. Perhaps by like you meant by technical standards, but it
doesn't seem so. There are plenty of photographers out there whose work I
find a crashing bore and they might have reams of valuable technical
information. Just as there might be many of my students who "don't like" my
work, but who find value in my workshops. And, on the other hand, there are
photographers whose work I find stunning who can't teach their way out of a
paper bag.

                           WILLIAM LAVEN PHOTOGRAPHY

   Workshops and tutorials in Platinum/Palladium printing and Zone System.

   1931 23rd Street, San Francisco, CA, 94107
   415-647-9432 (voice) 415-647-9438 (fax)
   wmlaven@platinotype.com
   http://www.platinotype.com