Re: rc/fiber contact prints

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 16:09:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, dean kansky wrote:

> I can contact print my rc photogram with an other Sheet of RC paper or
> fiber paper. This would produce a negative photogram. Then, using that
> negative I can print the positive. How good/bad is this process?

Compared to what? Compared to a same size view camera negative of an
original scene ? It might not be as good, especially if you're not skilled
in exp & dev of the large neg. And what is the nature of the original?
Loooong scale & tiny detail? Probably not in a photogram. And on what
will you contact it? By vacuum frame?

Etc. Etc. In other words, circumstances alter cases...

Judy