Re: HEY, KODAK! Re: Digital is not *easier* [Was: Too much equipment]

Larry Roohr (roohrphoto@orci.com)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 20:26:57 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Shapiro <sgshiya@redshift.com>
To: alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
<alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca>
Date: Monday, April 19, 1999 5:51 PM
Subject: HEY, KODAK! Re: Digital is not *easier* [Was: Too much equipment]

>Subject: Re: Digital is not *easier* [Was: Too much equipment]
>
>Is anyone from Kodak reading from this list?
>
>SS

Steve,

Why would you or anyone else expect Kodak to do anything that doesnt make
good use of it's resources to make money? I havnt seen them pretending to be
anything but a large American corporation and the nature of that beast is
well understood. Your tilting at windmills.

Now, a smaller company making large film, and charging to make up for the
inefficiencys that go with the lack of demand and a huge marketing machine,
can make sense. And I bet if you called such a company you'd get to speak
with someone who cared about what you had to say.

I'm afraid these dire predictions will come to pass, expecting Kodak to fix
it is a waste of energy.

Larry