Re: chrysotype again -- and try this!

Nze christian (Nzec@compuserve.com)
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 16:24:32 -0400

Texte du message écrit par INTERNET:alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
>Sure, you'd get the sulfur compounds as a result. I hadn't thought about
that in the Ziatype.

-------------hello dick and all
-----------------The stain i've got totaly clear in a 2% bleach bath
letting a nice picture.

I think what I was working with and what you are doing is the same --
basically a gold Ziatype with now palladium, just ammonium ferric oxalate
and gold chloride. My experiments led me to think that all of the
thiodiproprionic acid ligand stuff that Ware proposes could be dispensed
with

--------------------I also think that there is no need of thiopropionic
salt. and I think that it is possible to add so much gold chloride to zia
solution because of the lithium. I also made print using lithium gold
chloride and it seems to make the gold more usable.

I found that sodium mercuric chloride seems to drop the contrast.
---------------drop means that the is less contrasty and you could print
more contrasty negative.

Also that increasing the Ph with KOH brings in the red colors and going
acid brings up the blues. This from casual observations and not formal
testing so I could be wrong again.

------------like you I find that stannous chloride (SnCl2) give violet-red
to red brown print (not formal)

(dick)I continue to make some test on exotic ferric salt Idon't test the
caesium salt yet but I will.

and for all sorry for the other gold page but I upload it 3 time and the
picture don't appear I remade it and it does the same .I will change it
tomorrow again . I don't know why ?????(help)

regards
nze christian(france)
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/nzec

<