Digital tools (was Digital is easier)

Wayde Allen (wallen@boulder.nist.gov)
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 09:10:15 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Peter Mikalajunas wrote:

> From a certain perspective, I think Photoshop is an
> inappropriate tool for the task. Unfortunately, no coporation is going to
> invest in developing the precise tool that users in this group would find
> truly acceptable. So, we are stuck using a wrench to drive nails.

Well ... this is precisely why I suggested that this group might want to
take an interest in the GIMP project <http://www.gimp.org/>. It is an
on-going open source project with the development being driven primarilly
by user interest rather than solely by corporate profit. If you've got a
image manipulation feature that you'd like to see, this is a good place to
get it implemented. You don't really have to be "stuck using a wrench to
drive nails".

- Wayde
  (wallen@boulder.nist.gov)