Re: Enlarged Negatives

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Tue, 18 May 1999 22:42:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 18 May 1999 WeFoto@aol.com wrote:

> I am new to the list and was wondering if anyone had any experience or
> information that they could share regarding the use of Arista Premium-APH
> Halftone Film for enlarged negatives. I found it in the Freestyle catalog in
> the graphic arts section. It claims to be the same as their Ortho Litho Film
> and is suitable for alternative process. The price of 100 sheets of 11x14 is
> only $65.95 which is a lot less than other films of this nature. What is the
> catch?
>
> Thanks,
> Wes Carson
> wefoto@aol.com

Dear List, I believe there is a real Wes Carson. At least I know for a
fact it's not me.... but Wes, yes, not only is the answer to your question
that the Freestyle APH and APHS film is excellent, we have discussed it
this way and that on the list (do you know how to get to the archive? If
not, I don't either, but someone else will probably tell you).

However, much more important, there are three marvelous, complete,
step-by-step articles with charts, illustrations, and diagrams about this
film in Issue #2 of World Journal of Post-Factory Photography.

By Liam Lawless about reversal of APH -- enlarged neg from your 35 mm
in one step to target density, Dave Soemarko on developing for looong
(perfect?) scale for positive-negative, & by me on, "How to Handle Sheet
Film," like getting it out of the pack without a finger print...

You can request more info offlist, if you like... but for others who may
be new, it's printed matter, hard copy, goes through the snail mail, read
it in bed or walking the dog.

PS: The APH 8x10 is $32 for 100 sheets !

cheers,

Judy