Re: Gold toners

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Tue, 18 May 1999 23:11:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Jonathan Bailey wrote:

> I use the GP-1 gold toner frequently. Like many gold-based toners it has
> significant potential for stunning visual effects. (Here comes a shameless
> plug:) The next issue of Judy Seigel's "The World Journal of Post-Factory
> Photography" (due out, perhaps, any minute) will contain an in depth
> description of my use (or abuse) of this interesting toner. Stay tuned!!

This is true... in fact if I get off e-mail and my hardware doesn't rise
up and bite me some more, I may get to the printer this week. But aside
from Jon's extremely seductive process (and very authoritative sounding he
is, too, quite inspires one to try it), there's a LOT of info about toning
silver gelatin, which if you don't want to hear more about you're going to
have to put me in your kill file -- and ALSO (among others) an article by
Liam Lawless on making your own gold trichloride, in case you have any
used wedding rings or gold teeth around.

Stay tuned...

Judy