Re: Scratches and 8x10

Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Wed, 19 May 1999 06:33:52 -0400

Gary Miller wrote:
> ... The
> water supply that I am using is double filtered tap water. I am thinking
> about switching to a distilled water supply because this was mentioned by
> some as the culprit in tray developing. ...

Before considering switching over to a distilled supply, I would suggest
that the second water filter be changed. Replace it with a 0.5 micron
filter. I use those manufactured by Omni; they filter lead, mercury,
germs, and any particle larger than 0.5 micron which might scratch a
negative. Leave the first filter as this will prolong the life of the
second one. These filter cartridges (0.5 um) cost about $28 and only
the water bill to run (much cheaper than a still).

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/