Re: Ilford

Julian Smart (planetzed@btinternet.com)
Thu, 20 May 1999 22:18:41 +0100

Ilford FP4 and HP5, along with the new Lotus
> 200 film. I have no experience with any of these films and would like to
> hear any suggestions on film developer combinations.

Jonathon,

FP4 in Ilford LC29 @ 1:19 for 3.5-4.5 mins makes great negs for VDB (not
too sure how pt/pd negs should look- much the same I would expect) from
colour trans. LC29 is a (reasonably) fine grain, high acutance developer
capable of an extreme range of results, (D-Max 0.4-6 for gum negs, or up to
2.6-9 for VDB etc)
though for GS work it does appear to be too harsh for my taste.

Julian.