Re: Fwd: Re: Modified Zia Formula

Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Fri, 21 May 1999 16:14:15 -0400

Richard Sullivan wrote:
> ...Carl's point is well taken: it isn't difficult and we don't need to make
> something difficult or mystical out of it. We are both anti holy grail.
> There is no one right way to make a print, only a way that is right for you
> to make that particular print.

Certainly I am not making anything difficult or mystical about this. I
am just trying to quantify those plateaus or ranges that produce great
results. And since my interest in the Zia (Lithium) is to make a great
neutral color Pt/Pd print I channel my efforts this direction. I am in
no way considering abandoning the traditional formulas; these have
provided me with excellent results and will continue to do so.

It is unfortunate that I had mistakenly used too much chemistry
initially, but this has demonstrated there is a upper limit to quality
and amount of chemistry.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/