Re: Fwd: Re: Modified Zia Formula

Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Fri, 21 May 1999 16:38:25 -0400

Jeffrey D. Mathias wrote:

.... And since my interest in the Zia (Lithium) is to make a great
> neutral color Pt/Pd print I channel my efforts this direction. I am in
> no way considering abandoning the traditional formulas; these have
> provided me with excellent results and will continue to do so.

That's exactly my position. Perhaps because zia is the "new kid" a lot
of questions come up about it and it may seem that I'm a Ziatype-only
printer (though anyone who's read TNPP knows otherwise). I do a *lot* of
my work with zia because it offers a better range of neutral and
near-neutral colors--which I love--than the traditional d.o. method. But
I'd guess I still do 25%-30% of my prints, especially my 12x20 work,
using the traditional method with either pure palladium or a 1:2 Pt/Pd
mix, on Arches Platine, because these two combinations give me gorgeous
warm colors that are different from any zia formula.

---Carl