Re: Modified Zia Formula

Nze christian (Nzec@compuserve.com)
Fri, 21 May 1999 17:39:52 -0400

hello all

I am completly agree with carl. As I made test on zia I find that there is
a good way and other who are good too but with not enough expectation.
Now I print in a 50-60% RH using the original zia solution or adding
platinum(giving better DMax) in it when I want more black separation. The
play a lot with exotic ferric salt as I prefer the warm color they give
than adding sodium tungstate. never double coat or use more than a 24 drops
solution for a 8*10 and use a 0.5% tween 20 solution to help the
sensitizer to get in the paper. As I compare my print to traditionnal
PT/Pd process I don't find that they have a lower Dmax and they truely
look like good one.
doing like sullivan and carl write in their book give good print. the only
problem you can have would come from the paper and is preparation to print:
as carl said some paper should be keep in a dry RH some other like arches
platine should be humidify before coating to give good print

nze christian (france)
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/nzec