Re: Brush vs Rod

Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Sat, 22 May 1999 20:14:31 -0400

Carl Weese wrote:

> Dave,
>
> Using brush strokes for a specific presentational effect is all well and
> good. Just not something I think would benefit my pictures. ...

I certainly agree. In my work the brush marks are a distraction from
the image and are covered by a mat or masked out during exposure. It is
truly my hope to investigate how the printed image responds to brush or
rod.

I do want to add that I have and have seen work of others who do
masterfully utilize the coating boarder marks. It's their thing, not
mine.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/