Re: tiny white spots in prints?

Keith Schreiber (jkschreiber@worldnet.att.net)
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:04:33 -0700

Lukas,

This sounds very much like what I encountered with several papers that I
have tested for traditional Pt/Pd. With many of the papers, including Rives
BFK, close examination with a loupe or magnifier showed that the white spots
were usually naked fibers, that is fibers that did not absorb the solution.
In some cases adding a bit of Tween 20 alleviated the problem (Gampi,
Twinrocker WC) but in others (including BFK) it didn't.

Looking at your message again, I see that you wrote "RBK Rives". Is this a
typo? I have heard of RKB (R.K. Burt) Rives, but not RBK.

Anyhow, have you previously used this paper for Ziatypes without
experiencing this problem?

Regards,