Re: Ziatype variables etc.

Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Sat, 03 Jul 1999 08:34:08 -0400

<I do find it unusual that no one has commented on some of the
<unsuspected findings such as the shorter clearing times using AFO

Jeffrey,

Just back from travels and haven't read your new material yet, but the
fast clearing time with AFO is something I've observed and mentioned
here on the list and in TNPP. AFO/LiPD prints clear effortlessly (on
most papers), as do "extravagatypes". Develop-out prints (no AFO) take
much longer/stronger clearing. (This proved true at my workshop in
Montana last week, so it isn't confined to my test facilities.) Also,
Zia-formulas that result in warm print colors take longer to clear than
neutral or cool-toned formulations. The warmest are just as stubborn as
develop-out prints. Rising Bristol is always slower to clear than other
papers with any formulation, but not coincidentally it prints any
formula warmer than other papers. Why is warm color connected to slow
clearing? I dunno, but I haven't run into any exceptions yet.

---Carl