Re: laser vs inkjet

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 01:49:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Peter Charles Fredrick wrote:

> I have not tried your wax system not that I don't think it will work, after
> all there is the historical president , but simply I have been unable to
> locate the block of paraffin I know this sounds a bit feeble but there we
> go I am a bit feeble these days ;--<<

Paraffin gets harder to get in the US, too... because its main domestic
use was sealing the top of home-made jam. Now who makes jam any more (I
do, about which more in a mo), and there are self sealing jars (rubber
gasket in 2 piece cover) which seal better & easier. Which reminds me, now
is the jam season ... It should be possible to lay in a few pounds of wax.

Actually, in July, the single BEST thing a person can do (besides making a
gum print of course) is to make PEACH JAM. I make a variation of a family
recipe, simplified, updated: Tutti Frutti (by Judy) .... Just the aroma of
it on the stove is to experience bliss. Yes, I shall make the "formula"
available...

Pete, the other use of paraffin in the US is home-made candles. Do they do
that in England?

cheers,

Judy